Ear cleaning is an often-overlooked facet of pet grooming in Rome, GA. But, just like you might swab your ears after your morning shower, your dog needs to have their ears cleaned routinely as well. Taking the time to keep their ears clean can have a number of short- and long-term benefits, including:
- Your pooch’s hearing will be improved.
- You’ll help them avoid ear infections and trapped water in the ear canal.
- You’ll flush out mites, ticks and other critters that flock to the ear.
- You’ll prevent itchiness and other discomfort in the ears.
More than just remembering to clean your dog’s ears, cleaning them properly is important. Don’t use cotton swabs—they’re just going to push debris in further! Instead, follow this simple approach:
- Wet a cotton ball or gauze with ear-cleaning solution.
- Wipe the inside of the ear with the cotton ball gently to remove any loose debris.
- Continue to wipe deeper into the ear, about as far as your finger fits.
Often, the best way to keep up on ear cleaning is to request that it’s done when you take your pup for pet grooming in Rome, GA. Many groomers will clean the ears regardless, but it’s a good idea to mention it anyway!
Categorised in: Dog Grooming
This post was written by Writer